Welcome back for another round of mayhem! I'm glad you're here. Go check out the prompts and write a story! Have fun!
If you haven't read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Start with the given first sentence. (Allowable alterations listed below)
2. Up to 500 words
3. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Stories submitted must be your own work, using characters and worlds that you have created. Sorry, no fanfiction.
6. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
7. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Rebekah Postupak, also known as @postupak or @flashfridayfic. Read her winning tale from last week here! Check out her blog here. When not fretting over her dragons, Rebekah spends her time goofing off at Flash! Friday and picking her jaw up off the ground over how amazing today’s flash writers are. She apologizes in advance for all the mischief about to ensue at FTT.
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #2-29 is:
[He] [slowly] opened the window to drink in what [he] knew to be [his] very last sunrise.
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Give your protagonist a debilitating physical or mental condition. AND write a happy/satisfying ending!
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!