HAPPY DECEMBER!!! I love this time of year! (And I really love not being sick anymore!) My NaNo didn't go as planned (what with the sickness of myself and my family), but I plan on working on the novel and finishing the first draft within the next couple of months. I have a TBR list a mile long that I might partially tackle before I get back to it though. :) Go check out the prompt and write something amazing.
If you haven't read the full version of the rules, go here. Otherwise, here's the short version:
1. Start with the given first sentence.
2. Up to 500 words
3. Keep it clean (nothing rated R or above)
4. Optional Special Challenge
5. Stories submitted must be your own work, using characters and worlds that you have created. Sorry, no fanfiction.
6. Include: Twitter/email, word count, Special Challenge accepted
7. The challenge is open for 24 hours on Tuesday EST
Oh, and feel free to change pronouns, punctuation, tense, and anything in brackets to fit the story/pov/tone. I'm not going to be TOO picky... Our judge however...
Our Judge today is Phil Coltrane. Read his winning tale from last week here! Phil is a software developer, husband, and father of two alien creatures known as toddlers. He enjoys reading and writing speculative fiction of all sorts, from atompunk to zombie. Some of his short fiction may be found on his blog, https://ftlpizza.wordpress.com, and he hopes to complete a novel prior to the heat death of the universe. He can be found on Twitter at @pmcolt.
Your first sentence for FINISH THAT THOUGHT #2-22 is:
Your SPECIAL CHALLENGE from the judge is:
Include at least FOUR different words for shades of red. "Red" doesn't count as one.
AAAAAAAND WE'RE OFF!!!