Thursday, November 21, 2013

FINISH THAT THOUGHT #20 - RESULTS!




Thanks for the fun stories this week! I enjoyed reading them. From Santa to angry gods to crazy bosses to clay to a misunderstanding, the reasons for red snow were all over the board. Go read the entries here if you missed any of them. Here's what the judge had to say:



Just read every entry in the 20th Finish That Thought. There are five entries this week. From five marvelous writers. I had a blast reading the stories. I like to say something to each writer, so…


tinman18 - Priceless. I LOVE humor, and you definitely nailed humor with this one. You even included a red head. The limits of a SatNav.


@CharlesWShort - Ah, the joys of parenthood. Ah, the thrill of discovery. Ah, the way great things happen, always at the wrong time. It could have been worse. At least he didn’t kill anyone. This is a solid definition of “distracted driving”.


Pen Name - A lovely tale of a family outing about to become unforgettable in an anything but happy way.


@drmagoo - Well written, as always. As always, scary as the dickens. I wouldn’t go anywhere near that house. I’d be thinking, “Well. I can always find work somewhere else.” And I won’t go into how I feel about really needing that promotion.


@postupak - Makes me wonder just what happened to make the snow and rain red, and what the clouds mean. Obviously, something not good. Makes me want to read more.


The difficult part, of course, is declaring a winner, and a winner of the special challenge. What to do? What to do?


*closes eyes. lifts hands off keyboard. stabs a letter. looks at it.* Z. Rats. That didn’t work. I’ll have to try something else. *taps head, just like Pooh Bear does.* Think. Think. Think. Oh, bother.




Special Challenge Champion : tinman18. How could this not win something? This just had to win something. This is priceless. And hilarious. And I keep reading it over, and over, and giggling so much my cat looks at me like I’m insane.




Grand Champion : @CharlesWShort. Because this story captures real life so accurately. Clean down to the thoughts, fears, and emotions of the characters. The inquisitive nature of Gloria is captured so well, as is her total lack of understanding of the trouble she can cause her father. Well written.




And there you have it. I am unhappy I had to make a decision between these five little tales. But, sometimes, I have to do something difficult. Just want to let all five entrants know. You all rock.

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo, Thanks for the nod. I can see why you express difficulty in the decision, there were five well spun yarns.

    ReplyDelete