Monday, August 26, 2013

You Call This an Upgrade?

This is my entry for Monday Mixer over at Jeffrey Hollar's blog. The prompt is 150 words exactly using at least 3 of the 9 words given. I've used 8 this week (I threw in the 9th, but as it's a different part of speech than the one he called for, it doesn't count...chirrup just wouldn't be a verb for me!) Ah well. I had fun. For some reason the two characters have British accents in my head as I was writing... Go figure. :) Enjoy!


You Call This an Upgrade?


“Welcome to the Greatest Library In The World! How may I assist your search for knowledge?”

“Thank you. I was looking for something from Joseph Favre.”

“Yes, yes! A true luminary in gustatory delights. We have an entire compendium of work here for your perusal.”

“Wonderful!”

“Unfortunately, our entire collection is in flux at the moment. We’ve just changed over to a new networking system predicated on the very latest models of-”

“Excuse me. But I’m in a bit of a hurry.”

“Of course! So sorry! Let me just actuate the search engine…”

“What is that ethereal chirruping? Do you allow birds in here?”

“No, no. That’s just the pleasant loading sound chosen to enhance your experience. Your results are in! And… Erm… This can’t be right. STUPID SLAPDASH SYSTEM!”

“There’s no need to kick the-”

“HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO MY JOB- Ah, yes. Ahem. Follow me please.”

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I can see how British accents would work. The first few lines sound something like you'd hear on an episode of "Are You Being Served." Nice job!

    ReplyDelete