Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Jesus Loves Me

As I lay awake in the middle of the night, trying very hard to fall asleep without the horrible dreams I was having, God brought this song to mind. I've been working on adding verses to the original "Jesus Loves Me" song because it's fun, so I added a few more to round the whole thing out. The fourth stanza I worked on last summer, but the rest I came up with last night while I wanted to be sleeping! I hope it blesses you like it did me (giving me something positive to think about and work on in a frustrating situation).

Jesus born in Bethlehem
Fully God, yet now a man
Shepherds, Wise Men come and see
Worship, Worship at his feet.

Jesus lived a perfect life
Full of love and truth and strife
Healed the sick and calmed the sea
came to set the captive free

On a cross our savior died
Son of Man was crucified
He was buried in the grave
once for all our lives to save

Three days later he was raised
from the dead out of the grave
Now he sits at God's right hand
Soon he's coming back again.

Jesus whispers in your ear
"Come to me and have no fear
This I did so you could live
Tell the world, my life I give."

No comments:

Post a Comment